Monday, April 26, 2010

The definition of Art according to Yours Truly

The subject of art is very subjective.  It's very difficult or almost impossible to define what's good art and what's bad art. To me, good art requires loads of passions and efforts. I don't call my current work "art" though... I'm just a newbie, trying to make sense of what constitutes good arts =)

Well, I'm still not good at it yet so here I just play around with the basic functions like tuning and the theme. For the first 4 pics, I use Sepia for the theme.

1



2



3



4



Next, I use "tinted" effect with a shade of berry pink to go hand-in-hand with the cheeky pose of me in the picture.


The following photos I was trying to create "artsy" feel hence I put a little "glowing effect" here and there, and mengblur-kan it abit to hide my flaws:)


I was trying to pretend that I wasn't digging gold, tee hee~



My loyal companion. Without it, my sight is almost non-existence. Nolah... I exaggerate only, maybe few years from now, the statement is proven then. *sigh*



The follow-me-around bear hehehe~ I bring him along everywhere I go in case people kidnap him -.-"..

For the last picture, I got to tense up with all those hours in front of the screen actually hence I just create a collage which automatically shuffle few pictures and put them together.


Nothing extraordinary though :(

Currently I'm planning for my next 'project', ceh wah~ I sounded so professional but hell no, I'm still learning. If it's for fun and ala facebook then should be no problem =) I need more inspiration! I need tonnes and tonnes of interest! I need a sound knowledge in the field! And to sums up the gist of it, I really need to spice up my creative juices!

Time to wake the brain up people!

2 comments:

DoriftoNeko said...

getting more and more pro each passing day i see. Like the effect u did in the glasses pic

joylimchenlin said...

I also lurvvvveeeee that pic :):):)