Wednesday, January 05, 2011

SA WA DEE KA!~!~!~!~!~

Hehehe~ I'm taking up Thai language. Last night was my 1st lesson. My early exposure to the language was through a song way back to 199x. I can't recall the title of the song or the group but it was of 2 girls singing sa wa dee ka~ tu mui dee ka~ [da cuo de cuo, bu yao lai~ wu ru wo de mei~ wo bu shi ni de style wei he tian tian chan zhe wo~] -> This part is Mandarin =) One of my previously made unknown resolutions is to take up 3 new foreign languages this year! 3, quite ambitious ehh? *wink* I've registered for Thai & Japanese, still undecided on the 3rd language. Maybe I'll take it easy and polish up my Mandarin instead! Also foreign language what~ Seriously, I'm thinking of French. Or Spanish. Oh wait... there is Italiano!~ Ohya, I should learn Korean language! Next time, I can lansi-ly walk into a Korean restaurant and order Bibimbap and Bulgogi! While waiting for my food, I can kesi-kesi hum sorry sorry sorry sorry~  niku niku niku machio~ niku niku niku pachio~ pachio pachio pachio baybeh~ Maybe the restaurateur would be so impressed and let me eat for free! *slap forehead*

Coming back to my Thai class, I was actually struggling to catch up because the teacher spoke so fast and with such a strong Thai accent! I got to take notes and pay attention to his explanation both at the same time! To make it worse, the uncle who sat in front kept wanting to look at my notes and compare with his! =.="... Anyway, here are what I've learn last night:

It means hello~ Use when communicating with female friends.

It means hello too~ Use when communicating with male friends.

Thai language is slightly different from English in terms of spelling and pronunciation.



For example: Kon (You) is being pronounced as "khun". By the way, I actually kiasu and requested the teacher to teach us some "touristy" words so that next time, I can go Bangkok and shop without afraid of being cheated.

However, if I still fail to master the language later on, I can always c*rse "HE MEH MENG!!!" - Rough words which I learn from a Thai friend (=

Random picture of me with Benefiber samples to say Goodbye~~
 
Quote of the day: A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

"he meh meng" means your mother's c*b*i

so how to u greed ah kua???

p.u.t.e.r.i j.o.y.l.i.m said...

=) sa wa dee kua~

Anonymous said...

for shemale or ah kua is sa wa dee ha

by the way how come i can't post as Name/URL u did any changes to the setting???

p.u.t.e.r.i j.o.y.l.i.m said...

I didn't change anything..just log in with your google account!