Friday, March 12, 2010

Nightmare

I had a nightmare last night..well not really a  nightmare but more like a recollection of the time i had during internship, it was a nightmare in reality no deny whatsoever.. Thinking about it make me feel so worthless, i was treated like a cheap labor..in fact i was a FREE labor! I know, lots of people complain about their intern but trust me, mine was nothing you expected of. Out of the blue, I chose to have my intern in a hotel facing the sea.stupid.Since I studied Business, I chose to be in the HR Department. Not that I'm interested in that area but I was eager to do hands-on Labor Law procedure, payroll and stuff like that. And hey, HR Department is the coolest Department in an organization cause they have the most power ok! So, I went shopping, for OL attires and wanted to dress like one!

First day of intern, I was introduced to my (horrible but pretending to be nice) supervisor, let's name her Miss S and this very mata tengok tinggi HR Manager, Miss G. Both were exceptionally nice to me on first day of work. Show me around. Give me a nice place to sit. Share with me about stories going on there. Anyway, I was naive la those are their responsibilities what makes me think they were nice??????? Stupid me.

Second day of work, the beginning of a 3-month-stint nightmare :-( I was asked to lekat sticker on files that berlubang. You know those punch holes paper they tend to torn after a while then since those bulat sticker is expensive they don't use it there so i have to potong cello tape and lekat all the 9382503471936205 pieces of torn paper in 395702693128 files or folders. Menial task. Hmm...but I was ok..i mean do it willingly cause 2nd day ma, maybe they didn't trust me enough yet to put me in serious job;) Takpe...my motto was 'sabar itu separuh daripada iman" so I did it sewilling-willingnya. After 2 days for stickering, I was given a more serious stuff! Guess what...first, Miss S pass me se-tong kunci, they were all messed up kunci(s) and rusty and eewwww...I mean it, betul-betul se-tong. Then, she brought me to MALE REST ROOM. Inside was hell. It was smoky, you know all those chefs and kitchen helpers walked around in their underwear n short pants and smoke WTF! There were staff lockers inside. My job was to test the key with the locker one by one and see which key is not "usable" then throw it away. But I must be very careful cause if I throw the wrong key, HR Department will have problem because they didn't have extra pair. IDIOT man! I tell you, those guys just spit everywhere and their bau kencing is still fresh in my mind I'm serious that's the worst place I have ever been to! And I was doing it all alone by myself! Miss S will came in and checked about my condition every 2-3 hours and gave some "encouraging" words like "Aiyo~ why so slow..do faster la~" OI MAK HANG!!! After few days of emotionally torment and kacau-ing from those foreign workers, I file my complaint with Miss G. That's just not the right thing ok! But since hubungan between Miss S & Miss G were like mother  and daughter, I was labeled "Bad Attitude Girl". Nevermind, God knows. Anyhow, I had to continue the idiot job for few weeks until I dulan, I called to UM and said I wanna quit my intern. Tell me, what can you learn from hiding in the rest room from 9am-6pm? I rather stay in my own house toilet whole day. To cut the long story short, I had to continue my intern cause if i stop, means I failed the whole thing and it's not good in my CV. Yea right..like i care.

After all the dramas, they got no choice but to give me office related work. Nothing about payroll though cause they afraid I might sell the internal secrets to outsiders I'm serious they told me that straight to the face :( Grrrr..... Let's see what office related work huh? Type the file name in big, cut out and paste on the file lor. Like "Beverage", "Housekeeping"..type in font 42 cut out and paste nicely on the employee's file. HELLO MY GOD MARDER! MY ASSIGNMENT IS 4252057034860TIMES HARDER AND MORE CHALLENGING THAN THIS LA! This task i completed "successfully".

The week after that, it's back to old days. This time I was asked to fix locker! You know those wood lockers and steel lockers, I was given my tools eg hammer, nails screw driver and etc then i have to fix those broken lockers and refurbish it like new (apparently the org didn't have enough budget from employee's welfare wtf) So, armed with my tool box, I masuk into hell again and this time Female Rest Room also. I failed this task seriously i admit it. My heart was filled with dulan-ness already and I really don't give it a damn to get that locker fix!

After failing the task given, yes i failed that la i bring the tool box and go see GM wtf Miss S assigned me to more office related job (again) and a little bit of practicals, for example, change notice board, take old newspaper and sell them to the recycling centre and distribute biscuits to staff during tea time. WTF is this! Hence, at the end of my 3 month stint, I was sooo God damn relieved that i eventually "thank" them nicely for their guidance. Had to la...courtesy ma..

Ohya, just a little bit more on Miss S... She's one pretentious slut. She told me that she would write a good report of my performance as a token of appreciation for my help. I was happy but did not trust her totally. Anyhow, the rules was we must not open the report at all (it was seal and intern must pass back to Uni immediately) But I tak boleh tahan, i just opened the thing. Inside she wrote"

" Miss JOY LIM CHEN LIN failed to perform in most of the tasks given and was not serious in her job at all" and a whole page of blah blah Damn! Tulan-ness filled me, I took out a red pen and highlight and do all then necessary  correction to the report, yes i did it on purpose im going to fail with a report like this why should I care anymore? And yes, she's a faker as well. Miss G used to bring her Form2 daughter (G junior) to work every Sat and Miss S would have to teach junior G her homework. This bodoh Miss S will pull me to the side and ask me to do all the questions and write all the explanations for her. After that, she will teach junior G and get all the praise. It's no other than taking my ass meat and out it on her face!

Conclusion, I got C- for my 3 month of cheap labor and as a result my first class degree was pulled down to 2nd upper. And my mum said, "eh hiao tak chek but beh hiao zo lang". Yes, I'm sipek bad at rubbing shoes and I was blunt, still as blunt but incorporated a sense of thinking and holding back at times now. What to do, this is the real world, it's not you alone :( Not to feel disappointed, I consoled myself by saying...

I failed intern cause I was bad in carpentry :-(

JoY

3 comments:

DoriftoNeko said...

if i was your age at that time Miss S and G will kena kaw lat kaw lat from me

Joy Lim said...

See..u r one big red BULL!!!~

DoriftoNeko said...

wah i wish so u know how much Red Bull is earning per year