Sunday, March 07, 2010

My Ideal Wedding Proposal

This is a *hint* to those of you who want to ask for my hand wtf...


My colleagues and I were talking about wedding stuff and things like that when she suddenly asked me, "Joy, have you ever thought how your bf will propose to you?'


Me: ...... *pause* Nope..never..seriously...He's not a romantic person and hell, who knows he has never thought of proposing to me also!


Colleague: Hahaha~


Then, she told me romantic stories of how people in some countries propose. Like there's one in Taiwan, a guy compiles all photos of him and his gf and make it into a video. Then, he berpakat with the girl's girl friends, they ajak her to ktv and in the middle of singing, they play the video.  Another one in US, a guy who is a bomba a.k.a fireman propose to his gf by displaying a giant banner with the word "Will you marry me?' on kereta bomba and go to her house. Funny isn't?


These put me to serious thinking of how my ideal wedding proposal will be. Well, I don't like anything drastic like that and I hope it doesn't involve situation like proposing in front of a large crowd, eg: in the middle of a busy street or in front of our friends. I mean... love or relationship is a 2-person thingy and it's kind of "pressure" when you propose publicly. You have to say "yes" to save face though deep down inside it might be "no". Well, don't get me wrong here... Even if a gal says "no" it doesn't mean she doesn't love the guy... Maybe she feel the timing is simply not right or not fully prepared.


Hmm..here comes the clue, my ideal wedding proposal should be... romantic and unexpected.. Let's go through the "essential items" or "must-have" when anyone (wtf) wants to propose to me ;)


The Setting


Somewhere ordinary. Eg: like own house or bedroom. That's where the element of "unexpected surprise" come from. Maybe, early in the morning when I just wake up, looking blur with messy hair then my bf just give me a kiss and propose :D That would be perfect!~ Or, we are watching DVD at home then suddenly he propose and I have to say "yes" because I don't want interruption in the middle of the movie wtf


The Items


Ring - Yes ring duh! And it must be Cartier (I'm high class like that wtf) and with special engraving on it :D Please don't engrave things like "i love you" or "i can't live" without you simply bullshit la.. It must be something special...something that both of us know only...like engrave each other pet's name or special dates.


Flowers - I'm not a flower person and I only love blue roses. Make sure you have that when you want to propose. 99 stalks... guys start saving up :D


Food - The proposal will not be complete without food!!! I don't like fine dining. Cause I'm rough people and I always have this impression that people are watching the way I eat. But of course I like those food nyum nyum!!!~ So please remember to get me some of those :D


That's all!~ Got to go~

1 comment:

DoriftoNeko said...

o...... will start saving