Friday, March 05, 2010

My piece of mind

Life

Life to me is never a bed of roses.. even roses have thorns. Life is never perfect. There's always mishaps when you least expected it. Know your priorities in life and you won't be misguided. As for me, my priorities include my family, him, my friends, and my work. It's important to list out what is important in our life so that we know we are working towards the right direction.

Work

I used to be a very ambitious person. I wanted to do this and that. I want to be a lawyer, a musician, everything. I used to believe that work is not about work itself. You have to have that passion in doing things you like cause you will probably end up doing it for the rest of your life. The moment I step into the society, I realize that I was living in my own world. I fail to see the cruel reality of this society. Colleagues backstabbing each other is a norm. Gossiping is inevitable. It's how you play your role well at work. Confidence is very crucial. Believe that you are unique and you are needed, perform over your limits and stay positive are the keys to surviving at workplace. Yes, it sounds like a war zone. Yes, it is indeed a battlefield. Mind your language well cause the slightest thing you say might be a provocative remarks to someone.

Dream

I always have this dream..dream of being rich! :D I know it's not realistic... after all, there's no definite definition of "rich". But what I mean by rich is not in monetary form itself only, but rich in life. Live like a 20's while u r 20's. Enjoy life to the fullest! Live like a 50's when you 50's. Be yourself, what's the point of behaving out of your age? To act cool? To fool this gal? Ask yourself what's the point of doing something before you do. Yes, I want to be rich in monetary sense. I love to have houses and properties under my name all over the world. It's a big dream and by thinking of it gives me a sense of satisfaction and achievement.  I will achieve it one day... maybe when I'm 80. But who cares? I will definitely achieve it. Mark my words.

Friends

Friends are like your siblings in the world. Have you heard of a old saying or "belief" that each of us have 7 identical twins on Earth, all around the world? So don't be surprise if you see a replica of you in South Africa or something.. I believe it's true. I have met mine in Uni, we look-act-behave kinda same and we can almost read each other mind. It's cool to have someone like that, someone whom you can share even your darkest secret, someone who you don't afraid to be blunt, someone who will truly raise you up when you are flat in life. You need someone like this (apart from own family and life partner).  I'm not asking you guys to purposely go find so absurd la but treat people around you like how you want them to treat you, and you will find true friends. When you are nice, you draw people surround you. But when you are nasty, be expect to receive twice of what you have done. Of course there's always exception; people might take our good deeds for granted. Know your limits. Help while you can but not sacrificing your own well-being, cause if you always make yourself "easily accessible & available", who will cherish you if you don't cherish your own self?

Love

Each day I tell myself early in the morning that I must treat people around me with love; be it a beggar on the pavement or a passerby or just another stranger on the street. Loving others is equally important as loving yourself. Failing to do either each will mold you into becoming another selfish jerk on the planet. Start with loving your own family. You don't have to be rich and shower them with gifts to show them love. Simple gestures like waving goodbye each day before you leave the house reminds them that you will like to see them very soon. Helping out with dish washing once in a while is another way. Or, you can put in the effort to remember special dates and give them surprises to show them you value their presence in your life.

Take time to love and be loved.

I shall end this post cause it's time to go off work. yoohoo~~

Joy

3 comments:

DoriftoNeko said...

this is a very good write up it really does reflect our life that we are living

Justin Cheah said...

I totally agree with you ah sou, life is a challenge!

joylimchenlin said...

Mr Drifter: tq, i will nag more in the near future.
Justin: Yes! We are fighters! Not quitters!