Thursday, December 09, 2010

THE SOCIAL NETWORK


No, this is not about the review of the movie. As a matter of fact, I haven't watch it yet although I'm seriously tempted from the many positive reviews that I've heard of. But no choice, I've promised someone to watch it with him when he's back so meanwhile, I'll just have to settle for the reviews.

Coming back here where I intended to share just a little thoughts on the wide usage of social networks. I'm sure you have heard of Facebook, Friendster, LinkedIn & many of the likes. I too have lots of virtual accounts / virtual identities.

But are all these getting more into the reality of your life and sort of like "substituting it"? Give it a serious thought. Everyone can be somehow popular in the net with make-believe characters & fake personalities but are you as great in reality? I'll share with you the 7 signs of aging SOCIAL NETWORK taking over you:

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

1. You prefer to reply to that "aww... so sweet" comment from a friend of yours (with a "yaya thank Q") first although you desperately want to pee. *one hand type, another hand "consoling" pundi kencing* 

2. You stop going out with real people! Your teh tarik gang starts to "abandon" you from their usual gatherings. In fact, you don't have any friends in reality but thousands of virtual ones. *shakes head in disbelief & empathy*

3. You wake up in between hours in the middle of the night to harvest your watermelons or to steal your friend's carrots (Yes, we all play Farmville.)

4. Everywhere you go, whatever you do, whoever you're with, whenever it is:- You want to take pictures. Apology. I correct myself. YOU WANT, IN FACT YOU MUST TAKE PICTURES AND UPLOAD THEM FOR THE WORLD TO SEE!!! ---> Referring to own self wtf

5. Sry, AFK! Btw, thx4readin'! Its been gr8 pleasure hvin' u guyz arnd, cya & ttyl/asap! 88! wtf! *rofl* ---> If you are able to make sense from this "sentence", then bravo! You're superbly geng! An authentic cyber-freak! ('@')*salute max*

6. You tell yourself to "hang in some more" after 8 hours continuously (and counting) in front of the pc with pupils popping out just to chat. >.<

7. You're stalking me on my Facebook (hahahahaha~ just joking anyway, stalk me here, will ya? wtf)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I admit. The first site that I will log in every morning the moment I reach my office is no doubt Facebook.


#1

I need to see how many people comment on my photo or the notes that I write. I need to know how many "likes" I got for the "mouth watering roti bakar photo" that I've posted the night before. I need to be "kay po ci" on my friend's status updates. I need to feed my pet. I need to harvest my vegetables before my "neighbors" steal all of them. The key word here is "NEED". It's something I have to do each day. Now I'm shameful because you can see how weak I'm to this addiction. Most importantly, it's so user-friendly!!! F*ck you Mark Zuckerberg!

#2

Long before the wide usage of Facebook, I was so mad damn addicted to Friendster. Add me here. I still wander in the site on an occasional basis because it's getting more 'lala' nowadays. I used to actively participate in this site and blog daily. In fact, I've master the art of stalking people long ago and hence I'm a qualified "private investigator" hehehe~

#3

I'm even in Netlog. Feel so "in" & proud sial of myself. Sorry for the Bimbo profile picture though. I segregate different identities to different sites. Facebook: gila2 style, Friendster: semi-lala style, Netlog: Bimbo-lish, hiao-lish & chio-lish. Earlier, I was saying that I have a lot of ang mors & or langs friends here. However, there is none that I've known personally T______T Having chatted with them virtually, some are really great individuals looking for people to share their interests and experiences. Sadly, some are "ham sap lou" seeking for young innocent girl (I'm 25) and asking them to bed wtf

#4

Then, there's LinkedIn. For a more professional side of yours truly, do add me at LinkedIn. It's serious business here, you basically put all your hiring details & experiences hence kind of "formal".

#5


"I tweet I tweet a puddy tweet!"

"I did, I did tweet a puddy tweet!"

In this era, who doesn't tweet? Your mum doesn't count. Same goes to your father. As a matter of fact, almost everybody tweet everything and anything under the sun! Even the most menial things for heaven's sake; like "Just finish lunch, off to school." Or, "alone at home, lonely night." Seriously, this is very dangerous and young kiddo do you want people to kidnap you or go to your house and rape you (choi!!!~) 

With the amount of informations flowing freely in tweets, it is indeed the easiest platform of free information source for potential rapist/kidnappers/killers/stalkers/abductors/whoever.


Thus, please please please, be wise in posting things like that... I guess posting "Just finish lunch" is lame but still fine and pose less threat to your own safety! Can you please stop being so pig-headed and listen to me for once? *reminding own self*

#6

My space is like...erm your own personalized music station ^____^ I have a "passive" account. As you can see, I have 0 friends there and an empty profile picture.

 #7

This is a blog, my blog to be precise. Yea the one you are reading hahahaha~ *laughing ridiculously* I blog on daily basis, if time is tight then it will be a weekly occasion. It's alright to blog, just like keeping a diary ^___^ *convincing own self*

Other than the above-mentioned-social network sites, there are still plenty more which are yet to be discovered. Like Orkut, Bebo, Hi5, Last.fm, Black Planet & many many more ^____^

If you are having more accounts than me, then congratzzz!!!~ I'm amazed if you even have time to brush your teeth :)

I've spent four full hours juggling in between work, blogging, FB-king, Youtube-ing. I got to go. Everyone is playing Warstorm, I want to join!!~

PJL

5 comments:

Unknown said...

add me on myspace: myspace.com/philip10khor - i have no friends too. yeah there;s too much on the internet to deal with now

DoriftoNeko said...

u are too free

p.u.t.e.r.i j.o.y.l.i.m said...

Philip: Exactly! Will add you later ;)
DriftCat: I'm over-productive that's why got too much free time =D

DoriftoNeko said...

o... over productive LoL

Anonymous said...

Il semble que vous soyez un expert dans ce domaine, vos remarques sont tres interessantes, merci.

- Daniel