Tuesday, January 01, 2013

When you're gone

Jan 1, 2013 @ 20:56

Dear Mummy,

Today I saw you silently wept at the corner of your room. I know you are trying to hide your sadness away from us for you don't want to make us worry about you. I know from now on, our home will never be the same like it used to be because the little boy who has brought us laughters has gone. And mummy, today I overheard you calling his name as if he's still with us. And when you realised he's not around, your eyes went teary again.

I'm sorry mummy. Despite all the difficulties & sadness that you are having, I'm still making you worry; worry that I'll be drunk elsewhere on the street, worry when I did not call home to let you know that I'm safe, worry when I'm still driving out aimlessly during wee hours. I'm really, really sorry mummy. I hope you understand that I'm just like you, lost & in doubt. Mummy, we have both "lost" someone we love dearly & unconditionally throughout our lives. And mummy, I know we both can overcome this together.

From now on, I promise I'll drink less. And I'll call if I'm not coming home. I'll drive carefully from now on too. Most importantly, I'll love myself more & take good care of us.

I love you mummy!

Puteri

No comments: