Saturday, April 02, 2011

10-year old

Trust me, kids can be very, very, very adorable!! From the things they say to the things the do, they always give you a tingling surprise! And what value most is the element of innocence in it. I have a 10-year old at home, extremely cheeky, very active and nonetheless talkative. Whenever he misses me and doesn’t see me at home, he will write lovey-dovey notes and put them on my desk...like “Sister, I love you!” or give me presents from his school artwork. Over my cupboard alone, I have a tiny drawer which he made and painted in the Living Skills class, a tissue cover sew by him, a few portraits of me or us he painted with water colors, crayon and everything. He’s a great talent in the field of art. Really! Once, I was just saying how much I miss my bf and what this kid did next was truly an unbelievable surprise: He drew a picture of me sitting on the chair and my (fat) bf on his knee, with a ring in hand! How romantic is that!

Anyway, earlier I blogged about “coin box issue” here, you may read that first before you continue this part. I bought him a coin bear, small...in yellow one cause I couldn’t find any other “boyish color” or in bigger size. Each day, he will put aside a little change and to drop them in the bear when he comes home. And on days when he finishes his 10 bucks pocket money, he will get a few bucks worth of coins from dad/mum/my wallet/purse and drop them in.
Last week, I got him a bigger coin bear and immediately, he ‘exported’ all the coins from the tiny bear to the new “better looking” bear.

Since the new bear consists of 3 compartments, the head, the body and the ka-ch’ng, he makes 3 labels and sticks them on the bear:  the 10 cent, 20 cent & 50 cent. Now, talk about organization skills, it’s in our family blood;p

What he did next was even cuter-beyond-description. Notice the tiny Ultramans surrounding the two coin bears? I asked him, “What are your mini Ultramans doing there?” And he replied, “To safeguard the bear coin bears!” WTF!!! I didn’t know what else to say, you tell me, how not to love kids especially this particular 10-year old?
p/s: This chubby-listic kid says he’s saving up to get me a pair of heels for my birthday. Let’s see J

3 comments:

Pou Leen said...

hahahahaa....
The ultraman part was funny.... nonetheless, cute!

Jz said...

When he grows up he will be like "WTF I REALLY DID THAT?"

lmfao

p.u.t.e.r.i j.o.y.l.i.m said...

Pou Leen: Way to cute right!!! hahaha!
Jz: I can't wait to see his expression! @@