Friday, April 01, 2011

Cheng Beng Month

“Yay!~ Bryan is coming back tonight and for the past hour I’ve been begging him to bring me Royce - the chocolate wtf I was first “exposed” to this chocolate by my cousin, who never fail to get a box or 2 each time he visits KL. So far, I think only Isetan has it, elsewhere maybe but I’m not sure. Does anyone know where I can possibly get it in Penang?“
I want to share some news. This morning, my neighbour’s kid met with an accident at the Bandar Baru Area. If you know me well enough, you will know where my favourite laksa stall is located. Just around that corner, he was knocked down by a motorcyclist I heard... it was still dark and early, like 7am or something....and we wonder what he was doing there at that hour... He’s Form 3 by the way...and during the incident, his parents were still sleeping soundly until some random passer-by got hold of his IC, came to his house and woke his parents up.
We still haven’t hear from the family themselves now...but some people say the kid had gone from excessive bleeding. May God bless his soul and stay put with this family through this tough time. The worst thing that could happen is the lost of loved ones. Cherish them while they are still around.
People say during Cheng Beng’s month, some roads might be “dirty”....as in “haunted” by spirits or some restless souls coming back to cause havoc. Honestly, I don’t buy story like this but some times it’s hard to deny or not-to-believe.  What we can do is to remain extra cautious at all times...which is why my parents forbid me from riding a bike...it’s more risky, they say.
On the same note, I received news of another death. This time, it’s my friend’s father. Real cause I’m not sure but most probably due to old age. This is unavoidable so love your parents, respect them, and accompany them while they are still around. To ML, stay strong! God bless us all.
My mood is down...too melancholic...too fast, too many deaths of dear people in one morning.
PJL

2 comments:

Ken Wooi said...

im going cheng beng tomorrow.. not sure dirty or not.. but i thought the hungry ghost festival season is more dirty?

p.u.t.e.r.i j.o.y.l.i.m said...

Hungry ghost one dirtier for sure...what people say is spirits are roaming freely so just mind our speech and do good deeds :)