Saturday, August 14, 2010

Birthday Talks

Just a couple of days ago, we (by the definition of we, it means dad+mum+Joy) were talking about my brothers birthday next month when Oscar, who was in his room playing Ninja in FB approached us with his "Birthday Wish List". In fact, not a wish list, a "Birthday Want List" instead, meaning by hook or by crook you have to get him what he had listed down. He used the "big wet eyes" strategy what to do sure succeed one this fella every time also same tactic =(But why whenever I use the tactic sure fail geh? FML Back to the story. In the list, he has actually assigned each of us to get him a present of his choice =________________= How realistic kids nowadays! Both Bryan and Oscar's birthday fall on the month of September and coincidentally one day after another (Bryan's on 27th while Oscar's on 28th) Mine, on the other hand fall on 26th of a different month so by sequence of "seniority", it's 26-27-28 (Note: These are BIRTH DATES NOT BODY MEASUREMENT wtf)

All the while, I'm not good at scouting for presents cause usually things I like are very girly and I tend to pick things I like as presents for other people =___________= Even in high school back then, whenever there's a birthday party or something, usually my other friends will do all the pressie thingy while I'll just pay my share. So imagine how pathetic it was for me while getting 1st pressie for hubby's birthday early this year. That pressie cost me a bomb and took me like 2 months to scout for it and another 2 months to get it delivered to the store. At the end of the day, everything's worthwhile when baby flashed the most genuine smile of happiness. =)

Baby makan tauhu :-x

Grumpy mode

Liew Niu Niu

Remember these baby?

All right, sorry for the boring interruptions.

I shall continue with the list.

Oscar's Birthday Want List

Google picture for illustration purpose

Dad: A Body Glove Sling Bag For the purpose of going to tuition classes. Preferably white/black/blue. Now that he has grown up and know a little or two thing about matching clothes and bags, he rejected the idea of using free pouch/complimentary bag from petrol station with big logo. *sigh* When I was his age, I was still using Barbie Doll stuff :( What Body Glove la, Nike la..I thought they were cereal brands ;p

Exactly the one he wants :)

Mum: A Body Glove School Bag Color: white. He saw that at the mall and already make a mental note. Just early this year, we got him a new bag with rollers and expandable storage space and things like that because that was simply the "in" thing for a primary 4. However, ever since he joined tuition center and started to mix with all the big boys he has become so "adult", as in mimicking the dressing styles (baggy pants, how lame!), talking styles (aka more ccb,lmlj, etc) and now he wants a school bag with one big palm printed on it. (I bet years later he will realize how lame) *grin*

He already said, "you don't buy me the 20 bucks one..i want 50-60 bucks geh" =__________=

Me: A Body Glove Wallet (strictly no pink, purple, no floral motives or anything feminine like that) 
I'm serious, he warned me.

I remember having a Body Glove wallet in my younger days as well and it was so precious that I took very good care of it, no scratches (cause hardly use ma) and still looking brand new after all these years. Being the eldest, my siblings will "inherit" my "fortunes" whenever I get something new. Hence, Oscar actually inherited my precious wallet but he still wants a brand new one to match with the new bag that he'll be getting from my mum =_______________________=

Bryan: Each year, at this point of time they will never fail arguing about what presents they should get for each other, eg: Bryan: I'll get you Transformer, you get me bla bla bla. Oscar: I don't want you give me so cheap stuff then you want bla bla bla so expensive. So this year, just like yesteryears, after a string of negotiations, they both agreed that the best birthday present for them this year is they won't be getting each other any present wtf =_____________________________________=

Anyway, this month we might have the birthday party at our new place if renovation can be completed in time. If not, we will just go out for a family dinner (meaning all together 5 members must present) Hehehe, I have actually plan to get a nice cake from Secret Recipe for the double birthday celebration! =) I don't usually spend so much for a cake one cause I'm stingy but I still have that 10% vouchers so why waste ;)

Talking about one brother, I've forgotten about the other one. This young man, though didn't give us a written list but we all knew what he wanted so-God-damn-badly =D

Bryan's (Verbal) Wish List


Dad: i-phone 3gs

Mum: i-phone 3gs

Me: i-phone 3gs

Oscar: Read this post all over again you dumb nuts!

I bet he doubted that any of us will buy him one so he has been hinting and hoping that either oen of us will get that for him. Sorry bro, mum maybe, but definitely not me and dad (we are too broke from the renovations, furnitures and stuff.) And what's the point of having i-phone 3gs? You don't need one! (consoling him and myself) Plus those phone plans are ridiculous! They just charged you this fees and that fees and on top of that you got to pay for the phone, I name them the cut throat phone service provider in Malaysia! So baby, I shall get you..a new pair of Puma maybe? Or new glasses? Btw, where's my hard disk huh? And the laptop case you promised to get for me 2 months back? Until I see that or I'll pretend I forget your birthday wtf!

That's the end of it! Thank you for your patient in enduring my long ramblings! =)

Looking forward to a month of celebrations! (Ms. Purse is yelling, OUCH~)

Some archive pictures of my 2 wonderful siblings...

Bryan

Oscar

Goodnight peeps!

6 comments:

DoriftoNeko said...

my concept about birthday is not celebrated for myself but to my mom, cause at our birth day is our mom who is the 1 suffering to get us into this world not to mention the many months when we are in our mom's tummy..... SO MUMMY IS THE 1 THAT SHOULD BE CELEBRATED DURING OUR BIRTHDAY NOT OURSELF

p.u.t.e.r.i j.o.y.l.i.m said...

Then, did you celebrate with your mummy dearest on your birthday?

DoriftoNeko said...

I always buy her a cake or if that day no i will make it up

p.u.t.e.r.i j.o.y.l.i.m said...

Oh really?So did you celebrate with her this year or have you make it up?

p.u.t.e.r.i j.o.y.l.i.m said...

Oh really?So did you celebrate with her this year or have you make it up?

DoriftoNeko said...

i make it up :)