Friday, September 03, 2010

THE THING WITH FOOD


Here’s the issue: I’m very particular with what I put inside my mouth; particular in a sense that I prefer food which is tasty than food which is healthy! Of course, the ideal choice will be tasty and healthy! I always believe in the saying “You are what you eat”. So if you choose to eat healthily, chances are high that you are going to age gracefully and live till the 3-digits golden age. But if you are a “live to eat” kind of person like yours truly, then I’m sorry. You might satisfy your mouth and tummy but definitely it’s not good in the long run.

As long as the food is good, I don’t mind squatting by the roadside and drench myself in sweats just to have that bowl of laksa. Or to go all the way from East to West. Guess that justify why eating in College is always the last option. Reasons can be summarized best in 2 areas:

Quality
At this economy rice stall, often you will come across 70% cooked fried chicken, soggy cabbages and icy cold egg dishes! This is not sashimi mind you!  

 Picky eater...no?


Let me give you an example. Last weekend we had a seminar at the college, food were provided by our college cafeteria, just basic dishes such as loh bak, curry chicken, tau kuah, vegetables, etc. A lot of our students went out for lunch that day as the break given was 2 hours. As a result, there were a lot of leftovers. And the next thing we knew, we saw the same dishes on the economy rice stall the next day. Get what I mean?

Price
I must be looking rich when the aunty charged me RM 3.60 for 2 small pieces of minced meat (the size of my palm T___________T). And minus the rice. Really! Is it me or the inflation?

Hence, instead of economy rice, I chose to eat:


HOKKIEN MEE

Commonly referred to soup-based Hokkien prawn noodles served in Penang, with slices of shrimps, porks and boiled eggs. Best eaten with a generous amount of “eu chang” and chilly oil.  


A steamy bowl of Hokkien mee for only RM 2 ^___^

Ends.

No comments: