Thursday, August 23, 2012

Sushi, Tomyum & more!



Time to jump in the bandwagon & post (mouth-watering) food photos like everyone else. The above, obviously a sandwich; egg sandwich to be precise was taken at Times Square, restaurant name I've forgotten. Went there for a quick fix of lunch with Victor cause he had a meeting there. Egg sandwich was not bad, just the bread kind of burnt. So, worth trying & of course a healthy option if you are taking it as breakfast.

Traditional nasi lemak, wrapped in banana leaves. Victor & I were on our way to watch a drift event at Kampung Gajah & stopped by a rest area to have breakfast. What I like about this nasi lemak is that the rice is exceptionally fragrant with coconut milk a.k.a santan.


Read about my previous post if you wanna know more about this tomyum that I had in Danok, Thailand. If I'm not wrong, the restaurant is called Waterview (and not Seaview like I said previously) Exceptionally, undeniably & seafoodly-good. I can drool teruk2 just by staring at this photo. The tomyum soup alone can go well with white rice. 

And best of all, it's cheap! Cheaper than what you can possibly have in Malaysia!

Dear bf, when can we go back for more?


Now, this is something worth sharing. Last week, we (Victor, Me, Allen, Janice & Jeffrey) went to this Koi Sushi, located at 2nd floor, Gurney Plaza (new wing) for a sushi buffet. At just RM 28.00 ++, we get to enjoy 40 varieties of mostly rice-based sushi. We reached there about 6.00 pm and the place was already packed. Luckily we had made reservation in advance & were seated immediately upon arrival.

So, we were given order chits and were allowed to order 10 varieties of sushi each time, unlimited quantity. So, for example if you like salmon maki you can order 20 pieces in one shot. At first, food serving was slow. I was already upset as I've been starving whole day (not intended) for this and they kept refilling our green tea only. Therefore, I sat there, showed black face & I think they sort of like "get it". When the food finally came, we (or I) wasted no time to stuff ourselves. Salmon sushi was okay , just that the salmon slices slightly thinner than usual (expected already pun)


We were very smart. We waste no time in ordering one. The moment our first order came, we placed our 2nd order already. And by the time the 3rd came, we placed in 4th order already. And I very smart also, I ordered miso soup for everyone. And another dish best served hot, something like duck pizza, crispy for a while cause the air cond was at max temperature hence the food turned cold so fast. Overall, worth a try for RM 28.00. Just one complaint, the rice was too thick. So, you kind of get full easily. But, being my old persevere self (in the art of eating only), I makan and makan and makan until I can't breath.

Then I stopped. And they stopped. But there were still sushi on the table.

We were fined RM 10.00 for leftover food. Still worth it la!


Let me present to you, my most favorite mushroom soup in the world (subject to changes), very thick with chunky pieces of real mushroom. This was at Mizi Bistro, located at Tesco, Tanjung Pinang. For RM 25.00 per pax, you get to choose an appetizer, a main dish, a drink & unlimited free refills of ice cream.

Free ice cream? Unlimited? *gulps*


Served with bread & butter. 


If you have been to Mizi before, you will know that they serve food in very huge portion. Above, my Monte Carlo fish, I'm like always order the same thing because it's really good, just trust me.


This was Victor's main dish, named "Surf & Turf", a combination of fish & prawns cooked in (tomato sauce?) This dish is charged an additional RM 10.00 because it's under chef specialties. 


Last but not least, ice cream!!! Victor had at least 5 servings! At least! 

Writing this post makes me hungry, and just realize that I haven't take my dinner.

Ok, bai!

No comments: