Friday, July 16, 2010

RAAF MUSEUM

Out of boredom yesterday, we made a quick trip to the Royal Australian Air Force or the RAAF Museum which is situated about 2km from our place. Entry to the compound was strict and there were stringent rules to abide to; for examples no pictures were allowed outside the museum, etc. At the reception area, we were greeted by a very friendly man who gave us a brief explanation of the museum establishment and so on. After that, we were left to explore the place on our own.

Bristol Boxkite Plane Model; this is how real plane looks like back in 1914

Pilot Helmet; it looks like steel to me but it's actually leather

I almost cried by listening to the audio playback in the museum T_____________T 

Moving on to the next section where real planes are...

We neither had boots on nor a haircut =___________=




Some of the men at work...




Victor says when the clock struck 12am, the people will come alive and do maintenance work on the plane :0 

Yes, you read me! My new found "ambition", I want to fly a plane; a jet plane! Come on board people! *cheeky smile*


That would be me pointing at the maps 5 years from now!

Yay!~ That's my plane! ^^

Some random artifacts -the gears, rifles, missiles, etc





Yo baby~ Welcome to the Club ;)

Old school washing machine *grin*
(Actual fact I don't know what is that *sigh*)

Done with RAAF. More pictures in Facebook. Next post will be on our visit to Werribee Park! Stay tuned! =)

No comments: